The Mass of Palm Sunday of the Passion of the Lord, ushers in the Holiest week in the life of the Church. Later this week, during the Sacred Paschal Triduum, the Paschal Mysteries will reveal Jesus’ redeeming and saving death and resurrection.
The Coronavirus pandemic and the preventative measures put in place in an effort to halt the spread of this virus, may have changed the way we worship but it will not stop us from worshiping!
Some will come into the church to pray in front of the Tabernacle, while others will remain in their homes and pray as a family before a televised Mass. What is most important is that we pray! We take time to worship God in our homes and in our hearts during this Holy Week. The divine mysteries that arrive with these days still arrive to us, even in our homes.
On Good Friday venerate the crucifix in your home. Good Friday_Veneration of the Crossdocx
Keep the paschal fast—the fast of Good Friday into Holy Saturday. Make a sincere Spiritual Confession and Spiritual Communion for Easter (see videos below). Our fasting from the Mass and Holy Communion is not without graces as we long to return to our public celebrations of the Holy Eucharist.
We regret that we are not able to provide our parish family with a live stream of our daily Masses, but the cost is just too much for our small parish to afford.
Please know you and your families are remembered in our prayers each day, and we continue to honor those remembered in our daily Mass intentions.
Thank you! We are so very grateful to those of you who continue to make your weekly contribution to our parish during these difficult days. Your weekly Sunday contributions are our only source of income to sustain our parish. Weekly offerings may be left in the collection basket in the rear of our church for those who come in to pray, others may mail your Sunday offering to the Parish Office. However, I encourage you to make your offering electronically through our Parish Giving Program. Click on the tab at the right of this page and follow the online screen prompts. It is simple and secure!
In an effort to provide for your spiritual needs, we have a number of resources listed below to help you worship, including Fr. Lucas’ and Fr. Tony’s daily Mass homilies. Click on link below:
To view this Sunday’s Parish Bulletin click on the Current Bulletin link to the right of this page.
COME & PRAY BEFORE THE TABERNACLE: Church is open Weekdays 8am – 10am & on Sunday from 8am – 12pm
View a televised Mass (click on any of the links at bottom of this page).
Spiritual Confession (click on video below)
To make a Spiritual Communion (click on video below)
Our Parish Office is unable to accommodate walk-in services at this time. During this time we will do our best to respond to you requests. Please call 610-847-5521.
The Lord’s Pantry operating under normal business hours. Pre-packaged bags of food will be distributed curbside only. No in pantry shopping permitted. Out of an abundance of precaution, we ARE NOT accepting clothing donations at this time.
PREP/ CCD / RCIA classes have been cancelled until further notice. Class lessons are being sent home each week. Arrangements for “Distant teaching” are in place to allow us to continue to teach your child while at home. Parents please check your email frequently for communications from your child’s teacher or the DRE.
Postponed until further notice: The Sacrament of First Holy Communion & the Sacrament of the Rite of Confirmation within the Mass Click here for the Directives
Selection televised Masses, click on any of the links below:
- EWTN offers a live stream of Sunday Mass here (and they live stream adoration from the EWTN chapel from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Eastern).
- Cathedral Basilica of Saints Peter and Paul, Philadelphia – Live streamed Sunday Mass at 11:00 AM: https://vimeo.com/event/17522
- St. Patrick Cathedral in New York is live streaming Mass at 10:15 Eastern on Sundays — and at various times throughout the week.
- CatholicTV –a live stream of daily and Sunday Mass in English and Sunday Mass in Spanish.
- Bishop Robert Barron or Father Steve Grunow from Word on Fireis celebrating daily Mass at 8:15 ET(including Sundays).
- St. Isidore Parish, Quakertown, PA
- Live streaming of daily Mass available at https://www.stisidores.org/
- The Daily Masses will be at held Monday through Saturday at 7:30 A.M. and Sunday will be at 7:00 A.M. A Spanish Mass will be held at 9:00 A.M. Sundays. You may watch them live or at your convenience.
ADDITIONAL SPIRITUAL RESOURCES
Pastoral and Temporal Response of the
Archdiocese of Philadelphia to the Coronavirus Pandemic
Archdiocese Parish Directive for HOLY WEEK and EASTER https://catholicphilly.us5.list-manage.com/track/click?u=aed13a46fc29f21576d4e128c&id=bcd069cc2a&e=7256b03ece
DIVINE MERCY CHAPLET (recorded at the National Shrine of Divine Mercy) https://youtu.be/p5TGfisOKMM
Click the link 5-10 minutes early to allow your device to download any necessary software.
Enter Webinar ID: 480 539 273
- Visit https://formed.org/signup
- Type “Faith at Home Philadelphia” in the search box and click that title when it comes up
- Enter your info and click SignUp
Free Online Word Among Us
- The Word Among Us ( www.wau.org ) is providing free access to daily Mass readings and meditation.
Free Online MAGNIFICAT
- During this challenging time, MAGNIFICAT offers free complimentary access to their online version to help people pray from home. It contains Mass readings for each day and other prayers and reflections to enrich your spiritual life Click here to access
Relevant Radio has launched “Prayer Vs. Pandemic,” where more than 94,000 people have pledged to pray daily for an end to the coronavirus pandemic.
Litany of Trust – Sr. Faustina Maria Pia, S.V.
SoulCore (soulcore.com) is a movement that pairs core strengthening, stretching and functional movement with the traditional prayers of the Church. Join Nicky Verna, trained SoulCore leader and parishioner at St. Mary Magdalene Parish in Media, PA for an online SoulCore class. Classes will be Monday-Friday at 11 AM.
- Use this link to the join the class: https://zoom.us/j/5465885408
Pastoral Messages from Most Reverend Nelson J. Pérez in the Wake of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic
- Spiritual Message to the Faithful of the Archdiocese of Philadelphia (March 18, 2020)
- Mensaje espiritual para los fieles de la Arquidiócesis de Filadelfia (18 de marzo de 2020)
- Spiritual Message to the School Students of the Archdiocese of Philadelphia (March 18, 2020)
Tinicum Elementary serves up breakfast & Lunch for all children in our district and surrounding areas – pre-kindergarten to age 18.
Tinicum has been deemed as an “area eligible site” for food distribution.
FREE breakfast and lunch “go bags.” 11am – 12:30pm Monday, Wednesday, & Friday. On each of these days, breakfasts/lunches will be distributed for the upcoming (off) day. Therefore, on Monday and Wednesday, students will receive 2 breakfasts/lunches, and on Friday, you will receive 3 breakfasts/lunches.
Please stay in your vehicle when picking up your food items.
COVID-19 HOUSING UPDATE FROM CREDIT COUNSELING CENTER
If you anticipate having trouble with your mortgage, there are
COVID-19 policy changes that may help relieve your financial burden.
Credit Counseling Center is open and ready to help you with delinquency concerns. Credit Counseling Center is conducting appointments by phone. Call us at 215-348-8003.
The Pennsylvania Housing Finance Agency (PHFA) recently issued a halt to any foreclosure actions or evictions against any of its home loan customers who may be in default. This policy will remain in effect until impacts from the virus subside. During the health crisis, the agency will stop all negative credit reporting for its mortgage customers.
Credit Counseling Center is a PHFA- and HUD-approved agency. We can help you contact your current lender to explore options available for you.
Other Ways We Can Assist During the Coronavirus Crisis
As confusion and misinformation about finances and COVID-19 abounds, we can help! Our trained professional counselors are here to help with:
– which bills to pay first
– mortgage issues
– credit cards concerns
– bankruptcy questions
– student loan payments.
Please contact us, or if you know anyone struggling with financial concerns, please forward this information. We hope all of you are staying healthy during this time of social distancing.
WEEKLY PARISH PRAYER DEVOTIONS
SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Wednesday: 8am -The Flame of Love Rosary Friday: 9am Mass, followed by Benediction, & praying the following Devotional:
1st Friday: Sacred Heart of Jesus – 24 hr. Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament 2nd Friday: St. Peregrine 3rd Friday: St. Nicholas 4th Friday: St. John the Baptist 5th Friday: St. Joseph
OUR PARISH MISSION
We the faithful of St. John the Baptist Parish, in communion with our Pope, Archbishop and Pastor, proclaim that Jesus Christ is the Light of the world. We desire to share His love with everyone in our community through our words and actions.
Through the many gifts we have received from the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, we strive to live Gospel values every day of this life in anticipation of the life to come. Our guides for this journey are:
- Spirituality: We pledge to honor, obey and worship God in reverent celebration of liturgy, sacrament and prayer.
- Personal Development: We proclaim the Good News so that all lives may grow in faith, from the elderly who are our foundation, to the young who are our future.
- Community Service: We take up Jesus’ call to reach out to each other through the many talents we are given.
- Stewardship: Our response to God’s love requires self denial and tithing to enrich the spiritual and physical life of our community.
We pray to the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, through the intercession of our patron, St. John the Baptist, that the Word of God continues to be spoken and believed in our countryside, just as it was by the small and courageous community that preceded us more than two centuries ago.
Administered by the MISSIONARIES OF THE SACRED HEART – USA visit us at: misacor-usa.org
INCLEMENT WEATHER ADVISORY
The Parish Office, The Lord’s Pantry, and PREP follow the Palisades School District guidelines for inclement weather “Closures and Delayed Opening.”
Before heading out in bad weather, call the parish office at 610-847-5521 to verify if we are open.
FIRST FRIDAY ADORATION OF THE BLESSED SACRAMENT
Adoration begins immediately following the 9am Mass on Friday and closes with Benediction & Mass at 9am on Saturday. WILL YOU KEEP WATCH FOR ONE HOUR WITH ME?
Email Anita Colahan at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are available to dedicate one hour a month. Thank you. View the video Midnight Watch