Caring for our parishioners’ spiritual, pastoral, and temporal needs during these difficult times is our priority.
You are in our prayers! Fr. Lucas and Fr. Tony are praying for you and your loved ones each day. And for our daily Mass intentions.
Our church is open for you to pray: Weekdays 8am – 10am & Sunday from 8am – 12pm
Not being able to attend Mass is a difficult disruption in our lives. Watch a televised Mass (links at bottom of this page). To make a Spiritual Communion, click on image below.
Archdiocese Parish Directive for HOLY WEEK and EASTER (click link below) https://catholicphilly.us5.list-manage.com/track/click?u=aed13a46fc29f21576d4e128c&id=bcd069cc2a&e=7256b03ece
For our parish, another disruption is the loss of our weekly Sunday Mass collections which is our only source of income. If you are able, your continued support during these difficult and challenging days, is greatly needed and appreciated. Sign-up for electronic tithing through our online PARISH GIVING program. Click on the tab at the right of this page. Follow the prompts on screen and within minutes you are signed-up. It’s that easy!
A DONATION BASKET has been placed at the entrance to the center aisle in our main church for those who visit. You may leave your weekly Mass offering or make a cash donation. We are grateful to our parish family for their continuous support and generosity.
We have added a digital version of our Lenten bulletin inserts for those who can not stop in to pick up a bulletin. Click on the BULLETIN link at the right of this page.
Our Parish Office is unable to accommodate walk-in services at this time. During this time we will do our best to respond to you requests. Please call 610-847-5521.
The Lord’s Pantry operating under normal business hours. Pre-packaged bags of food will be distributed curbside only. No in pantry shopping permitted.
PREP/ CCD / RCIA classes have been cancelled until further notice. Arrangements for homeschooling have been put in place. Parents please check your email frequently for communications from your child’s teacher or the DRE.
Postponed- Sacraments of FIRST HOLY COMMUNION & CONFIRMATION Palm Sunday and the Sacred Paschal Triduum Click here for the Directives
To view a televised Mass, click on any of the links below:
- EWTN offers a live stream of Sunday Mass here (and they live stream adoration from the EWTN chapel from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Eastern).
- Cathedral Basilica of Saints Peter and Paul, Philadelphia – Live streamed Sunday Mass at 11:00 AM: https://vimeo.com/event/17522
- St. Patrick Cathedral in New York is live streaming Mass at 10:15 Eastern on Sundays — and at various times throughout the week.
- CatholicTV –a live stream of daily and Sunday Mass in English and Sunday Mass in Spanish.
- Bishop Robert Barron or Father Steve Grunow from Word on Fireis celebrating daily Mass at 8:15 ET(including Sundays).
- St. Isidore Parish, Quakertown, PA
- Live streaming of daily Mass available at https://www.stisidores.org/
- The Daily Masses will be at held Monday through Saturday at 7:30 A.M. and Sunday will be at 7:00 A.M. A Spanish Mass will be held at 9:00 A.M. Sundays. You may watch them live or at your convenience.
ADDITIONAL SPIRITUAL RESOURCES
Pastoral and Temporal Response of the
Archdiocese of Philadelphia to the Coronavirus Pandemic
Rosary Campaign for an End to the Coronavirus – Daily 8 PM (ET) – Except March 25, see below
The Office for the New Evangelization of the Archdiocese of Philadelphia invites you to join us online, by phone or in spirit as we pray the Rosary every night at 8 PM until the Solemnity of the Annunciation. We will ask the miraculous intercession of the Blessed Virgin Mary to put an end to the coronavirus. Full details about how to join in can be found at phillyevang.org/rosary.
Free Online Word Among Us
- The Word Among Us ( www.wau.org ) is providing free access to daily Mass readings and meditation.
Free Online MAGNIFICAT
- During this challenging time, MAGNIFICAT offers free complimentary access to their online version to help people pray from home. It contains Mass readings for each day and other prayers and reflections to enrich your spiritual life Click here to access
Relevant Radio has launched “Prayer Vs. Pandemic,” where more than 94,000 people have pledged to pray daily for an end to the coronavirus pandemic.
Litany of Trust – Sr. Faustina Maria Pia, S.V.
SoulCore (soulcore.com) is a movement that pairs core strengthening, stretching and functional movement with the traditional prayers of the Church. Join Nicky Verna, trained SoulCore leader and parishioner at St. Mary Magdalene Parish in Media, PA for an online SoulCore class. Classes will be Monday-Friday at 11 AM.
- Use this link to the join the class: https://zoom.us/j/5465885408
Pastoral Messages from Most Reverend Nelson J. Pérez in the Wake of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic
- Spiritual Message to the Faithful of the Archdiocese of Philadelphia (March 18, 2020)
- Mensaje espiritual para los fieles de la Arquidiócesis de Filadelfia (18 de marzo de 2020)
- Spiritual Message to the School Students of the Archdiocese of Philadelphia (March 18, 2020)
Tinicum Elementary serves up breakfast & Lunch for all children in our district and surrounding areas – pre-kindergarten to age 18.
Tinicum has been deemed as an “area eligible site” for food distribution.
FREE breakfast and lunch “go bags.” 11am – 12:30pm Monday – Friday for the duration of this week (through March 27th). On Friday, breakfasts/lunches will be distributed for the student’s weekend.
Please stay in your vehicle when picking up your food items.
Starting next Monday (March 30th), at the distribution locations, our schedule will change to distributing breakfasts and lunches on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. On each of these days, breakfasts/lunches will be distributed for the upcoming (off) day. Therefore, on Monday and Wednesday, students will receive 2 breakfasts/lunches, and on Friday, you will receive 3 breakfasts/lunches.
COVID-19 HOUSING UPDATE FROM CREDIT COUNSELING CENTER
If you anticipate having trouble with your mortgage, there are
COVID-19 policy changes that may help relieve your financial burden.
Credit Counseling Center is open and ready to help you with delinquency concerns. Credit Counseling Center is conducting appointments by phone. Call us at 215-348-8003.
The Pennsylvania Housing Finance Agency (PHFA) recently issued a halt to any foreclosure actions or evictions against any of its home loan customers who may be in default. This policy will remain in effect until impacts from the virus subside. During the health crisis, the agency will stop all negative credit reporting for its mortgage customers.
Credit Counseling Center is a PHFA- and HUD-approved agency. We can help you contact your current lender to explore options available for you.
Other Ways We Can Assist During the Coronavirus Crisis
As confusion and misinformation about finances and COVID-19 abounds, we can help! Our trained professional counselors are here to help with:
– which bills to pay first
– mortgage issues
– credit cards concerns
– bankruptcy questions
– student loan payments.
Please contact us, or if you know anyone struggling with financial concerns, please forward this information. We hope all of you are staying healthy during this time of social distancing.
WEEKLY PARISH PRAYER DEVOTIONS
Wednesday: 8am -The Flame of Love Rosary Friday: 9am Mass, followed by Benediction, & praying the following Devotional:
1st Friday: Sacred Heart of Jesus – 24 hr. Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament 2nd Friday: St. Peregrine 3rd Friday: St. Nicholas 4th Friday: St. John the Baptist 5th Friday: St. Joseph
OUR PARISH MISSION
We the faithful of St. John the Baptist Parish, in communion with our Pope, Archbishop and Pastor, proclaim that Jesus Christ is the Light of the world. We desire to share His love with everyone in our community through our words and actions.
Through the many gifts we have received from the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, we strive to live Gospel values every day of this life in anticipation of the life to come. Our guides for this journey are:
- Spirituality: We pledge to honor, obey and worship God in reverent celebration of liturgy, sacrament and prayer.
- Personal Development: We proclaim the Good News so that all lives may grow in faith, from the elderly who are our foundation, to the young who are our future.
- Community Service: We take up Jesus’ call to reach out to each other through the many talents we are given.
- Stewardship: Our response to God’s love requires self denial and tithing to enrich the spiritual and physical life of our community.
We pray to the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, through the intercession of our patron, St. John the Baptist, that the Word of God continues to be spoken and believed in our countryside, just as it was by the small and courageous community that preceded us more than two centuries ago.
Administered by the MISSIONARIES OF THE SACRED HEART – USA visit us at: misacor-usa.org
INCLEMENT WEATHER ADVISORY
The Parish Office, The Lord’s Pantry, and PREP follow the Palisades School District guidelines for inclement weather “Closures and Delayed Opening.”
Before heading out in bad weather, call the parish office at 610-847-5521 to verify if we are open.
FIRST FRIDAY ADORATION OF THE BLESSED SACRAMENT
Due to Diocese pandemic restrictions, our April Adoration has been cancelled.
Adoration begins immediately following the 9am Mass on Friday and closes with Benediction & Mass at 9am on Saturday. WILL YOU KEEP WATCH FOR ONE HOUR WITH ME?
Email Anita Colahan at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are available to dedicate one hour a month. Thank you. View the video Midnight Watch