“Jesus has made Himself the Bread of Life to give us life. Night and day, He is there. If you really want to grow in love, come back to the Eucharist, come back to that Adoration.” – Saint Mother Teresa of Calcutta
“I have greatly desired to eat this Supper with you.” cf. Luke 22:15
All of us know instinctively that nothing compares to “being there” in person. Whether it’s being at a friend’s wedding, sitting down to have a heart-to-heart conversation, comforting a family member while he/she is grieving, or watching as your baby takes his first steps, we all know that being physically present makes all the difference. The same logic applies to our life as Catholics. Especially when it comes to the Mass, truly, nothing compares to being there.
IT IS TIME!
WELCOME BACK TO OUR CHURCH!
WELCOME BACK TO THE MASS!
June 6, 2021 Eleventh Sunday in Ordinary Time
Daily Mass at 9am each day: Mon. Tues. Wed. & Fri. in the Chapel; Thurs, at old St. John’s Church
Weekly Prayer Devotions : Each Wednesday following morning Mass we will pray the Litany of St. Joseph before the Blessed Sacrament.
Wednesdays at 8am: Flame of Love Rosary
Each Friday, following morning Mass, the devotions below are prayed before the Blessed Sacrament closing with Benediction.
1st Friday: Sacred Heart of Jesus 2nd Friday: St. Peregrine 3rd Friday: St. Nicholas 4th Friday: St. John the Baptist and when applicable 5th Friday: St. Joseph
We are grateful, and we Thank you!
Your weekly Sunday contribution is our only source of income. It is your contributions that sustained us throughout the year….
Our PARISH GIVING online weekly contribution program is simple and secure!
To sign up today, click the “Parish Giving” tab in the gray box on the right this page. Follow the online screen prompts. If you need assistance with your sign-up, our parish office is here to help. Call 610-847-5521
Parish Office Hours: Mon-Thurs 9am-5pm; Fri 9am-1pm.
Please call 610-847-5521 to schedule an appointment to arrange for any of the following services: Baptism, Wedding, private confession, Anointing of the Sick, Funeral, House Blessing, or to purchase a grave in our parish cemetery.
The Lord’s Pantry business hours: Mon. 2pm-5pm; Tues. 9:30am – 11:30am: Thurs. 9:30am – 1:30pm. Donations accepted at these times as well.
from the ARCHDIOCESE of PHILADELPHIA
for ongoing and new Diocese sponsored events visit: http://www.phillyevang.org/events/
Catholics around the world rejoice over the Holy Father’s proclamation of the Holy Year of St. Joseph, which began on December 8, 2020 and ends December 8, 2021. The entire Archdiocese of Philadelphia is encouraged to spend this year growing closer to St. Joseph by honoring him, imitating his virtues and asking for his intercession. May this be a year of great grace for all of us as we more deeply entrust ourselves to the care of our spiritual father. For more information and a list of events, visit www.archphila.org/joseph
UPDATED Guidelines for the Celebration of the Sacred Liturgy
Office for Divine Worship
WEDNESDAY, MAY 19, 2021 REVISED WEDNESDAY, JUNE 2, 2021
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR NON-LITURGICAL PARISH MINISTRIES FOR ADULTS
The following directives contained in the May 19, 2021 Liturgical
Guidelines of the Archdiocese of Philadelphia also apply to non-liturgical ministries for adults in parishes:
- All parishes and institutions in Bucks, Chester, Delaware and Montgomery Counties are free to lift all building sanitation, distancing and capacity restrictions on Monday, May 31, 2021.
- The CDC guidance on the use of face coverings and masks does not allow for an easy observance since they apply differently to different groups of people at the same time—those fully vaccinated and those not vaccinated. These principles are to be observed:
- People are to be respectful of a person’s choice not to wear or to wear a face covering or mask in parishes in the Archdiocese.
- The non-use or use of a face covering or mask is not to be imposed unilaterally in parishes throughout the Archdiocese.
- To promote inclusion and reduce fear, it is recommended that announcements or signage indicate, in accord with the CDC guidance, that those who are fully vaccinated no longer need to wear a face covering or a mask. Those who are not fully vaccinated are strongly encouraged to wear a face covering or a mask.*
* The masking guidelines above are to be observed on the “honor system.” People are not to be required to show proof of vaccination
The more personally or spiritually significant a ministry is, the more important it is to meet in person.
The Pivotal Players – St. Ignatius of Loyola: The Founder for free online streaming at wordonfire.org/ignatius
The Faithful Traveler (an EWTN series) created videos for the World Meeting of Families on Phila. Shrines and Holy places.You can access on Youtube the following:
- Miraculous Medal https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZDUPASXs3E
- St. John Neumann Shrine https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-u65s4zOW08
- St. Rita https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guY6D6fBqYs
- Old St. Augustine https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1t3fwKOYV4
- Pink Sisters https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yggnCG1oqE
- East Coast Shrine https://watch.formed.org/the-faithful-traveler-in-the-united-states-east-coast-shrine
We the faithful of St. John the Baptist Parish, in communion with our Pope, Archbishop and Pastor, proclaim that Jesus Christ is the Light of the world. We desire to share His love with everyone in our community through our words and actions.
Through the many gifts we have received from the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, we strive to live Gospel values every day of this life in anticipation of the life to come. Our guides for this journey are:
- Spirituality: We pledge to honor, obey and worship God in reverent celebration of liturgy, sacrament and prayer.
- Personal Development: We proclaim the Good News so that all lives may grow in faith, from the elderly who are our foundation, to the young who are our future.
- Community Service: We take up Jesus’ call to reach out to each other through the many talents we are given.
- Stewardship: Our response to God’s love requires self denial and tithing to enrich the spiritual and physical life of our community.
We pray to the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, through the intercession of our patron, St. John the Baptist, that the Word of God continues to be spoken and believed in our countryside, just as it was by the small and courageous community that preceded us more than two centuries ago.
Administered by the MISSIONARIES OF THE SACRED HEART – USA Visit us at: misacor-usa.org
INCLEMENT WEATHER ADVISORY
The Parish Office, The Lord’s Pantry, and PREP follow the Palisades School District guidelines for inclement weather “Closures and Delayed Opening.”
Before heading out in bad weather, call the parish office at 610-847-5521 to verify if we are open.
MONTHLY FIRST FRIDAY ADORATION OF THE BLESSED SACRAMENT
WILL YOU KEEP WATCH FOR ONE HOUR WITH ME?
When: First Friday of each month. Opens immediately following morning Mass, approx. 10am and closes with Benediction at 7pm. Where: In the main church (not in chapel) Required: Face covering and adhere to social distancing in place.
View the video Midnight Watch
Email Anita Colahan at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are available to dedicate one hour a month. Thank you.